I love the heat but I’ll admit summer in Florida can be brutal because the humidity here can feel like you’re sitting in a sauna wearing a sweatsuit. I can handle it for the most part but that doesn’t happen without a bit of extra effort to stay comfy and cool. I have a few summer comfort essentials, things I think have really helped me beat the heat a little so far.
- Obviously summer clothes like sundresses, skirts, tanks and rompers are must haves but so are flip flops. Give me all the flip flops…and sandals! I mostly try to save pumps for evening or special events and sneakers for exercise or theme parks.
- Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Body Lotion is one of the best I’ve tried in a long time that actually keeps my skin happy regardless of this blazing sun and our hard water.
- U by Kotex Curves Liners are small, comfy and have cute packaging. What’s not to like? Get free samples!
- Cleanse by Lauren Napier is hands down the best makeup remover wipe in the history of everdom! These are more than a makeup wipes though. I use them to freshen up after a sweatfest moment outdoors even when I’m bare faced! My face doesn’t feel dry afterwards either. Do yourself a favor and get them in bulk. Now!
- Banana Boat Clear Ultra Mist SPF 30 is a must! Sun protection is important, a must for me even indoors. I really prefer spray on because it’s quick, easy and absorbs faster. I do not use it on my face.
- Ban Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths leave me feeling fresh and cool. These are especially useful if you’ve been sweating. Armpit sweat odor isn’t cool unless it smells like unicorn breath…which happens never.
- Perlier Italian Sorbet Lemon Crackling Ice Body Water is my everything all year. This stuff is legit. Cool off and have fun feeling like poprocks are on your skin! See my review of Perlier.
- Glop Chocolate Controller smells like delicious friggin cocoa and holds my hair in place! I let my hair air dry a lot during summer and this stuff keeps the frizz at bay and my style perfect all without being crunchy stiff.
- OFRA SPF Spray (not pictured because I ran out 🙁 ) is the only sun protection I’ve been able to use on my face without irritation issues. Obviously I’m putting in my order immediately because I have to have it!!!
What are a few of your summer comfort essentials? Have you tried any that I mentioned above?