No doubt there were hiccups but overall last year friggin rocked! What’s next? A lot if I have anything to say about it. We’re pretty much the leaders of our own destiny, yea?! I’m not going to reflect on the downfalls of 2015 because I’m determined to be all glass
half 91% full, positive vibes girl. So here’s a quick recap of some 2015 highlights.
- Collaborated with OFRA Cosmetics in March for Mina Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick. A super versatile berry shade called that works with every skintone. Seriously, layer it to your preference light to dark. 😉
- Tackled public speaking as a blogger. I hosted events back in my modeling days but doing solo seminar sessions at tradeshows and being on event panels was totally new.
- Co-hosted a fabulous beauty event for my fave group of girls, the Beauty Bloggers of Central FL.
- Became the Lead Ambassador for The Makeup Show Orlando. Join us at Florida’s largest & best pro only beauty event January 30-31, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando on International Drive. Get your tickets now!
- Traveled. A lot. Mostly domestic flights and road trips but I squeezed in an international trip to Aruba aka paradise.
- Upgrades yo. I doubled my income, got a new camera I adore and most importantly got better health coverage.
- Built amazing new business relationships, strengthened existing brand partnerships and attended awesome events.
In The Year 2016 I Plan To…
Not make too many specific goals. I have goals and am making plans but I’m not making a big checklist of pressure and ideas that collect dust. Instead I’m going to trust my instincts. My major goal is to take one idea at a time and pounce on it the moment it comes to me. I’d rather pour my focus into one goal that pops into my head and brilliantly succeed at achieving it than to start 5 projects that excited me for a moment and then lay abandoned and unfinished. I reached some goals set last year but majority of the amazing things were accomplished by taking immediate action on new ideas and opportunities. Generally I’ll concentrate on good health and family as usual, volunteer more often, keep this blog growing and travel more. Travel may be the one thing I have planned a bit. So far travel plans I’m working on are:
- January – NYC (Done! I just returned on 1/10)
- March – Los Angeles, CA
- April – NYC
- May – NYC & Minnesota
- June – MA, CT, NYC & New Orleans
- July – Sweden
- August – Los Angeles, CA
- October – Philippines
- November – London
- December – Aruba
I just returned from the New York Times Travel Show and have more destinations I’d love to add in the mix including Maui, Italy, Grenada and Anguilla to name a few. Basically there may be many times that I’m traveling a few days or weeks and I’m not mad at that. 😉 I really just want this year to be even better than last year and full of family, friends and happiness! I hope you all achieve whatever wonderful things your hearts desire and wish you the best. Let’s rock 2016!