I love the holidays! This time of year tends to bring family and friends together more, even if by phone call or sending greeting cards. I love seeing all the decorations, the holiday movies and songs. Plus people seem to be nicer and cheery during the holidays! There can be a bit of stress though and it’s usually money for gifts. The best gift I’ve purchased was a Northface backpack SJ begged for. While I did find it pricey for a backpack, I was determined to get it for him because here was this teen not asking for gadgets or another pair of sneakers but something to use for school! SJ got that backpack and I only spent $6.99 out of pocket. How? Well I have simple ways of saving during the holidays!
A few ways I save during the holidays:
- Instead of purchasing new gift bags, boxes and bows I re-use the material from the previous year.
- Hold on to unwanted or unused gift cards. They make great gifts for family & friends who I know will use them!
- Use reward points earned from previous purchases, many stores have these programs. (This is how I got SJ’s backpack and paid just $6.99 out of pocket!)
- Use coupons and online promotion codes, Coupons.com has plenty!
- Make gifts like jewelry, scarves. If you’re not crafty you can find great tutorials on Pinterest that are easy!
Another way to help your wallet during the holidays is to have more cash! That could happen if you enter The Good Stuff 2014 Holiday Sweepstakes! From now until 12/8/14 – 12/25/14 there will be a $100 winner every week and a $500 grand prize winner! For even more holiday help you’ll find gift guides for budget friendly gifts, gifts for enthusiasts and hostess gifts. My favorites guide is the budget friendly gifts! Be sure to check out those 3 gift guides!
So what do you love about the holidays? How do you save?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Coupons.com however all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that help support MinaSlater.com – Fabulous Awesomeness.