You bought a new toothbrush and are ready to toss the old one in the garbage. Hold on hot foot! There’s still plenty of life in that old toothbrush so don’t trash it! Here are 7 ways to use a toothbrush for beauty.
- Clumpy Mascara – Don’t have an eyelash separator or fan brush? No worries, a toothbrush can do the same thing…try it! You can use a toothbrush to help separate lashes and remove clumps of mascara.
- Nail Art – Dip the bristles in nail polish and do paint splatter nail art or cool brush stroke patterns! Get creative and have fun with it!
- Hair Color – You don’t have to run out and purchase a tint brush, a toothbrush will do the trick for applying hair highlights and root touch-ups.
- Lip Exfoliation – Easily exfoliate your lips but be gentle! You can also exfoliate other areas of skin with a toothbrush such as elbows, knees and the heels of your crusty feet! 😉
- Nail Care – Gently exfoliate your cuticles with a toothbrush and water or cuticle oil. Also clean under the tips of your nails!
- Clean Beauty Tools – Use a toothbrush to clean beauty tools such as combs, hair brushes and hair dryer vents. I doubt I need to say this but make sure the toothbrush is dry if cleaning electrical items.
- Eyebrow Taming – Get those unruly eyebrows in order by brushing them. If needed, put a tiny bit of Vaseline on the bristles to help hold your eyebrow hairs in place.
Extra Tip: This isn’t a beauty tip but I do this all the time! Clean your jewelry with a toothbrush! The bristles are amazing for cleaning those tiny, hard to reach spaces of rings, pendants, etc. If you wear sterling silver or white gold like I do add toothpaste while cleaning your jewelry, then rinse. It removes tarnish spots and shines it up like new!
I’m sure there are even more ways to use a toothbrush for beauty, if you some feel free to share below by leaving a comment! Did I miss any tips? Do you do any of the tips listed above?
Words Of The Day: Don’t Throw Your Toothbrush Out