Philips Sonicare PowerUp Electric Toothbrush Review #PowerUpUrSmile
I’m practically obsessed with healthy teeth and a bright smile. I thought I was doing an A+ job but according to the dentist manual toothbrushes aren’t the best for oral care, especially for me. As part of a sponsored post for Collective Bias, I picked up the new Philips Sonicare PowerUp electric toothbrush. I scored it for under $20 at my local Target store!
The Sonicare PowerUp electric toothbrush addresses a couple of issues I have with trying to maintain my pearly whites, habits my dentist has always urged me to break. I brush too hard often leading to slight bleeding, yikes! The self powered movements of this toothbrush eliminated that issue for me because I don’t need to apply pressure like I do with a manual toothbrush. I also brush too long and over brushing can lead to loss of tooth enamel, double yikes! This leads to my favorite feature. Sonicare PowerUp automatically shuts off after 2 minutes!
Now just because a new toothbrush moved into my life doesn’t mean the old one gets the boot! So what does a beauty gal do with an old toothbrush? Here are 7 beauty uses for a toothbrush.
- Eyebrow Taming – Get those unruly eyebrows in order by brushing them…dab a bit of Vaseline to help hold them in place if needed.
- Nail Art – Dip the bristles in nail polish and have fun making paint splatter nail art!
- Clumpy Mascara – Don’t have an eyelash separator or fan brush? No worries, a toothbrush will do the same thing…try it!
- Hair Color – A toothbrush is great for applying hair highlights and root touch-ups.
- Lip Exfoliation – Easily exfoliate your lips but be gentle!
- Nail Care – Gently exfoliate your cuticles and clean under the tips of your nails.
- Clean Beauty Tools – Use the toothbrush to clean combs, hair brushes and even hair dryer vents.
- Bonus: Not beauty but in the family of style…clean your jewelry with the old toothbrush!
So after using my new toothbrush for days I totally agree with the Sonicare PowerUp campaign of “A month’s worth of brush strokes in a day”. My teeth and gums feel and look cleaner and I’m no longer dealing with sore, bleeding gums. I’m really into toothbrushes and found this evolution of toothbrushes video interesting, you should check it out. Also be sure to grab your local Sunday newspaper on 8/4 for a $5 off coupon for any (1) Sonicare PowerUp battery operated toothbrush! That’s a high value coupon I’m sure my frugal darlings will love, don’t miss out! You can follow @Sonicare_US on Twitter and like the Philips Sonicare page on Facebook like I do to keep up with the latest. Oh yea, come check out my Google+ album to see more on my experience with the Sonicare Powerup! 😉
So… how flippin cool is that 2 minute timer feature on this toothbrush?!! Loving it!