Hair, we love it but don’t love maintaining it! Sometimes it’s frizzy, unruly and flat out rebellious. We blow dry, flat iron and try tons of products daily. nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch is supposed to make it all better…30 Day Brazilian Hair Smoothing System to the rescue! This keratin hair smoothing kit is suitable for all hair types and is even safe on relaxed hair. If you have coarse hair this is meant to reduce frizz and curly hair it will be smoother, straight hair will be shinier. My hair is long, wavy and thick. Before we get into the review to see the results, let’s look at a before photo, mmk?!
nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch: The Process
So, I now understand why salon hair stylists charge a pretty penny for Brazilian keratin treatments. This process is tedious! But this is one of those no pain, no gain moments. It took me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to complete but I’ve found a way of looking at it very level headed: It typically takes me that long to blow dry, flat iron and style my hair…every few days! Anywho, I’m going to break it down step by step:
- Wash hair with Ultra Care Shampoo – The shampoo actually has a somewhat pleasant smell. It’s not overbearing and horrible like you’d expect with other hair treatments like relaxers or perms!
- Dry with hair dryer – For most at home users this translates to blow dry your hair.
- Divide hair into four equal parts – Simple enough.
- Apply Ultra Smoothing Gloss – This is supposed to be kept at least 1/4 away from the scalp. It’s liquid so some is bound to make it’s way there. No worries, it happened to me and I had no burning or adverse affects. It smells a bit stronger than the shampoo, I didn’t love it but didn’t hate it. Sort of reminded me of puppy shampoo…but the good kind!
- Comb hair every five minutes for the next 30 minutes with Ultra Smoothing Gloss still in hair – This is what added to the length of time. During this part of the process, my hair began to harden making it difficult to comb toward the end.
- Blow dry hair – Yikes! This was a bit tough because my hair was hard. I worked it out though. 🙂 As I was blow drying my hair, I noticed white residue. Had Mr. Man walked in at that moment, he would have thought I had some odd movie-like mishap while attempting to make powdered donuts.
- Flat iron hair at 400 degrees – Double yikes! My hair is still stiff…and wait…400 what? Guess what, I completed this part too!
- Wash hair with Ultra Care Shampoo again – Yay, rinse that donut powder out of my hair! I really like this shampoo and love that the kit includes an ample amount, 4 ounces…it’s plenty even for my super thick, long hair!
- Apply Ultra Care Conditioner – Easy peasy, massage for two minutes then rinse! Nice and soft again and the puppy shampoo smell is gone!
- Done! Either blow dry hair or let it dry naturally.
Well, that was interesting! I decided to let my hair air dry naturally and flat iron the next day. Not only was I tired because it was 11:58pm, but I just felt my hair had been through enough heat and combing. Though the process was tedious, for me it was well worth it! As I said, it typically takes me nearly two hours to blow dry, flat iron and style my hair. I wash my hair every 2-3 days. Since using nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch, that time has been shortened significantly. I can now blow dry, flat iron and style my hair in 40 minutes or less. My super thick, long naturally wavy hair is easier to manage, saving me over an hour of time. I’d rather go through this two hour process once every thirty days than every 2-3 days!
Not only is my hair easier to manage, but it’s soft and smooth even before flat ironing thanks to the keratin. I was worried about preserving my natural curl pattern. I wanted it frizz free and easy to straighten when I want, but not be permanent..like a relaxer. Gladly this did not straighten my hair, it did exactly what I wanted and leaves me the option to go natural or straight. I can go natural using one styling product instead of three. I can straighten quickly on lower heat settings, then go outside in the Florida heat and not turn into a ginormous poof ball. I also notice far less breakage, barely any! Hair naturally falls out at the root but I’m talking about breakage at the ends from dry, damaged hair. The kind of breakage I get when I blow dry and flat iron a lot…the kind that when you finish styling, it looks like a doggie shed hair on the floor! I feel it’s a combination of the treatment strengthening my hair and the fact of not having to use as much heat as before thanks to nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch! I really love the result and how much easier it is to get my hair to look and feel how I want.
I’m sure it depends on hair type and how well you apply the treatment, but I think mine will last more than thirty days. I see myself using it every 45-60 days. I’m totally okay with the process for $25 rather than getting it done at a salon for hundreds. I can think of tons of things I could do with that money…that’s big bucks! I’m also too fidgety to sit in a salon that long, I get antsy in checkout lines with more than two people in front of me! If you get your hair relaxed, you could use this to maintain your hair between relaxers. This way you relax less often, causing less damage to your hair. It could even be a good way to transition if you’re trying to go natural. If you’ve wanted a keratin treatment done, I’d definitely try nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch and decide for yourself before spending hundreds of dollars! Better yet, keep reading to see how you can get nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch free!
- nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch is available at your local Walgreens and Walgreens.com!
- Find out about Ultra Keratin Touch at UltraKeratinTouch.com and other nuNAAT hair care products at nuNAAT.com
- nuNAAT Facebook page | @nuNAAT on Twitter
nuNAAT is sharing the love with Fabulous Awesomeness readers! One lucky darling will win an Ultra Keratin Touch 30 Day Brazilian Hair Smoothing Stystem courtesy of nuNAAT. Simply head over to nuNAAT Ultra Keratin Touch giveaway to enter!
Disclosure: Products or services mentioned in this post were provided by nuNAAT for my consideration. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.